Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jet Lag Anyone?!

Oh my...I really don't know where the past 30+ days have gone but my once in a lifetime Australian adventure is over and I am incredibly jet lagged from the flights back to the U.S.  There were a few hitches/glitches the past two days traveling but by the grace of a manager at Frontier Airlines I still managed to arrive home to Minneapolis on time and it appears maybe in time for a spring snowstorm that looks to be heading our way in several days. 

I actually find this fact a bit rude since I had spectacular weather for the majority of my adventures...not too hot...not too cold...pretty much just perfect though more than one native Aussie commented that they were having a colder than normal summer.  I personally don't think it could have been much better for someone coming from the dead of winter.

Now...let the unpacking begin and the resettling in happen and the daunting task of going through the massive amount of pictures I took.  You know you're taking a lot of pictures when the few times I didn't have a camera with me comments were made!  LOL  Hopefully I will have a few worth sharing in the coming weeks with you all as I recap and take you back through my amazing trip to Australia which has definitely left me wanting to return for an encore!!

I can't begin to tell you (but I'm sure I will try in upcoming blogs) how spectacular the people were I met in Australia...how awesome the 'Tour Guide' and her family were to me and, though I missed home, how hard it was to take that final walk to the International departure gates as I left.  That in itself tells you an awesome time was had and hopefully friendships have been strengthened and new ones were discovered!!

* * * * * *

On a side note I lost two friends while I was traveling...one to early onset Alzheimer's disease and the other to lung cancer.  They will be dearly missed but I celebrate their lives and how they touched mine.  Ludvine and Dave...I will dearly miss you both. 

“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth.”  Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment