Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Just a Weed

One of my greatest pleasures in life is meeting new people and chatting.  I have been called a 'social butterfly' by more than a few people but somehow I just don't see myself as that but I do like chatting with people.  I met many people on my trip to Australia but none were more important than meeting Natalie's family and friends!

We were invited over to one of her friend's (Sandi) for dinner and drinks and chat one Saturday evening.  I was really looking forward to kicking back and relaxing at 'home' after all the sightseeing and traveling we had done thus far.

What a wonderful kick back evening it was!  Sandi had a luscious prawn salad with the trimmings and the B.S. flew liberally...my kind of an evening and of course we all had copious amounts of alcohol (copious is Nat's exact words) and I didn't know I could still drink a 6 pack of beer and amazingly not have any after affects.  Mmmmm...gotta love that Tasmania beer...must have had something to do with the name 'Naturally Blonde.'  Now if only I could find it here...so far no luck

I didn't take my camera with that evening...one of the few times I didn't have it near.  So I've not got any pictures to share from the evening.  What I do have is this picture of Natalie, Sandi & Euki the stuffed koala (bear)...trust me this is another story but I'm guessing Natalie will highly approve of this picture...a first!!  It's one Natalie sent me a couple of years ago...Nat's on the left, Euki is in the middle and Sandi is on the right.  I do, however, have some pics I'm going to link to here in honor of Natalie and Sandi. 

Throughout the trip I took many, many pictures of the scenery but could be sidetracked quite easily whenever I'd see a flower.  It wasn't unusual to see me hustling to catch up cause I'd spied a flower and stopped to take a picture or two. 

There's something about flowers in a natural setting that I love...well, actually, it has to do with my allergies.  Until my late teens I had no problems with allergies but something changed when I was 19 and now flower shops, heavily perfumed stores or old women bathed in that 'wonderful' old woman perfume can send me into a bit of distress.  So I am quick to head right out of a shop and even away from old women if the aromas are overwhelming and you won't find me near a church at Christmas or Easter with all the poinsettias and Easter lilies.

Anyways...a couple of weeks after we went over to Sandi's she came and picked us up and we went up to Olinda for brunch.  After brunch we wandered in and out of the shops until we came to one that I had to quickly get out of because of their heavy perfumes.  While Natalie and Sandi wandered through the store I was waiting outside and spied some flowers so you know what I did...got out the camera and started shooting away.

Sandi was first out and as she walked over to me she asked what I was doing.  I told her 'taking some pictures of flowers.'   She took one look at the flower I was by and said 'it's just a weed.' 

Between that hysterical comment (at least I thought it was) and Natalie always telling me during my trip 'it's a flower' whenever I would ask her if she knew the name of this or that flower I made an album of many of the flowers I took pictures of while there.  So...Natalie & Sandi...these pictures are for you!!


It is probably is just a weed Sandi...but isn't it pretty?!  LOL

So...that's all for now...wherever you are have a great day!!

If you would like to see pictures of flowers taken in both Victoria and Tasmania, Australia here is a link to that photo album on Picasa:  Play slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have flicked through a photo album so fast in my life!!! bloody flowers!!!

    PS; that was a gum nut .. the one where you said, what ever this is

    ReplyDelete