Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nothing Short of Amazing...

Waking up on the second day we both found ourselves in need of more sleep.  I was ready to strangle a certain cockatoo that insisted on continuously flying by and screeching at the top of its lungs.  Natalie, on the other hand, was probably ready to strangle me as an open loft apartment type rental did not keep my 'soft' snoring at bay and she didn't get the best of sleep.  Who knew I was going to be the culprit who snored?  And I had tried my very best to dope myself up with allergy meds so that I wouldn't snore...best laid plans... 

I knew that when I was super tired I would snore but no one had really mentioned it before this trip...well...except maybe my niece did mention something to that effect when she 'kicked' herself out of her own bedroom to find a 'quieter' place to sleep in January when I visited.  Despite my weak protests I guess I was busted. Oh well...after finding another room for the following two nights for myself we were once again off on the Great Ocean Road heading to the Twelve Apostles.

Entrance to the Twelve Apostles
So what are the Twelve Apostles?  Well, first off there are now only eight standing but they are a collection of limestone stacks off the shore of Port Campbell National Park that have been formed by erosion from the harsh weather conditions that can be found there on the Southern Ocean.  Originally back in the early 1900s they were called the Sow and Piglets until in 1922 it was named The Apostles and eventually became The Twelve Apostles for tourism purposes. 

The Twelve Apostles
Rounding the corner past the entrance sign I wasn't quite ready for the immense grandeur and beauty of what I saw.  Oh sure...I'd seen pictures of the Twelve Apostles but seeing it in real life was nothing short of amazing.  You just wanted to drink in the beauty of the coastline and I felt a wave of peace come over me as if you were pouring a bucket of warm water over my head.  It was such a special moment as I felt truly at peace with my soul and it was a blessing...pure and simple...an irreplaceable memory for me.

Coastline along the
Twelve Apostles
I could go on and on about that day and even the rains that came in shortly after could not mar the peacefulness I was feeling.  So...I am going to leave it at this for today and let the pictures I took try and speak for me.

Until next time...wherever you are have a great day!!

If you would like to see more pictures of the Twelve Apostles on The Great Ocean Road here is a link to that photo album on
Picasa:  Play slideshow

2 comments:

  1. you must have been SUPER tired EVERY night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh......there seems to be something missing from this blog.....ahhhh, my SENSATIONAL concert I put on for you on the way home ??

    shheeeeeeeeesh

    ReplyDelete