Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My 'Good Friend' Murphy...

Ever have one of those days where your 'good friend' Murphy rears his ugly head and throws a kink into everything and nothing seems to go right??  Well...my week so far has been visited by Murphy (as in Murphy's Law where what can go wrong will) more than once.  Don't get me wrong though...my days are awesome as I just started a full time contracting job Monday after not having any steady work in way too long a time after being laid off when the U.S. economy really went south. 

It's been the evenings that have been a bit screwy for me between some 'lovely' Minnesota weather last night keeping me off the computer and technical computer issues. 

There's just something about severe thunderstorms with heaps of lightning which squelches my desire to have a laptop computer in my lap just in case lightning strikes and considering the house was struck by lightning about 13 years ago and suffered about 10k in damages I stayed away from the computer and yes...lightning can strike twice in the same spot. 

Add to the severe thunderstorms rolling through and the sirens sounding on and off for several hours signaling to 'duck and cover' because of tornadoes in the area...much more excitement than I like on any given evening.  Since I was a kid I've never been a fan of severe summer storms and I seriously doubt that that will change.  No...actually I know that won't change and I become a bit of a 'nervous Nelly' whenever tornadoes are possible.  Oh yeah...we've had one of them too since I've lived in this house so nope...not a fan.

Add to the weather there seems to be connectivity issues with the Internet provider here at home and it's been frustrating.  At least I want to believe it was a connectivity issue and not my lack of IT saavy.  At any rate...barring any further run ins with my 'good friend' Murphy I plan to be back on track blogging more about Australia tomorrow.

In the meantime...thanks so much for having checked in and for your patience!!

Until next time...wherever you are...have an awesome day!!


Not Murphy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment