Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Too Long of a Pause!

It's been too, too long since I last posted and I do apologize for it but sometimes you just gotta get some other things done and stay the course.  Since I last blogged I have been offered a new job and am ecstatic over being employed once again after way too long of a time.  Maybe our economy is starting to pick up a bit.  Anyways...

Along the drive at Rochford Winery
I believe I left off chatting about our trip to Healesville Sanctuary and after lunch we were starting to head back to Melbourne.  On the way back we stopped at one of the showplaces of the Yarra Valley, the Rochford Winery.  What a beautiful setting to see as we drove down the curving road lined with trees and vines to the main building which contained a restaurant, cellar door and a wide open area where there was a huge stage where concerts were put on throughout the year.  In fact the next upcoming concert would be Lionel Richie.  Ok...he's not exactly Bruno Mars but I have seen Lionel in concert and he does put on a good show and his music isn't all that bad either but the concert wasn't until after I headed back to the U.S. so wouldn't be able to try and get tickets for him.

Scrumptious looking grapes!
We went in to the (what I'm assuming) the Cellar Door and Natalie and Helen were checking out some of the wines so I slipped outside and took a stroll around the building and a bit of the grounds.  Of course I had camera in hand.  It was harvest time for the grapes and I would have loved to have snatched a couple of grapes off the vine and taste them but somehow I had visions of the 'wine police' catching me and my getting into God only knows what kind of trouble so I resisted the temptation but the grapes sure looked yummy!!

A road between pastures at
Yarra Valley Dairy.
I guess I took a bit more time than I thought strolling around and when I went to find Natalie and Helen I found them patiently waiting in the car to head out to our last stop...the Yarra Valley Dairy which was a working dairy farm where a variety of cheeses were made from both cow and goat milk.

Before I knew it the day had flown by and we were on our way back to Melbourne.  What a grand day it had been but one that went by way too fast just like every other day for the past three weeks.

Until next time...wherever you are...have a great day!!

If you would like to see more pictures from the Rochford Winery here is a link to that photo album on Picasa:  Play slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment