Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mother Nature...pretty please?!

Mother Nature and I are not exactly having a love fest right now.  Although I really don't mind winter that much cause if I really did I surely would not subject myself to Minnesota winters year after year.  But...I do have issues when my plans are usurped by Her whim. 

I had made plans to head to Montana on Sunday but it seems that I will have to delay traveling until at least midweek as we are being dumped into a major cold spell and stormy weather on the western end of South Dakota with 6-8 inches of snow and blowing winds are not exactly what one wants to drive into in the middle of winter.  The cold spell isn't really that bad..it's pretty much a given it's going to be cold here.  But winds and blowing snow are not what one wants to drive through on open prairies that tend to mimic what images I can conjure up of Siberia.

I am surely not impressed as I have people to see and places to be but if this is the only bump in my travel plans for this winter I imagine I can find my way through it.  I'll make a deal with you Mother Nature...get all this out of your system now in the next few days and I'll deal with this delay without further complaining.  But I'm begging you not to rear your ugly side come February 17th for sure...you really don't want to see a grown woman sob especially in the winter when tears can lead to frost bit cheeks.  Deal?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment