Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2011

To Tour or Not to Tour


I am not a world traveler...yet.  So this is an entirely new experience preparing for my trip Down Under.  I am now beginning to see why doing a tour overseas is so popular...let someone else book your hotels, meals and sites to see and just go along for the ride.  But that is not what is happening for me and despite my slight protests I am having a blast scouring the internet looking at places and things to do.  As it is I have quickly come to the realization that one month's time in Australia just isn't going to cut it to see everything there is to see so there will be plenty left over for that second trip...whenever that might be. 

I do, however, have a 'secret' weapon that others do not have...I have a native Victorian in greater Melbourne who is going on this adventure with me so I've yet to make a decision without her input or suggestions which makes it 100% easier than ever.  If not for her I would have long ago given up and checked out one of the many tours to Australia.

I had considered starting a separate travel blog but as I am still very new to this thing called blogging I think I'd best not push my luck and take on more than I can 'chew' as mom would have said.  So for now the plan is to blog snippets here and there about the trip, during the trip and more than likely alot after the trip...hope you come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment