Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Got The Milk?

Ever have one of those days you probably should have just stayed in bed and forgot about running any errands?  Well, that's kind of like how my day has gone.  I'm one of those people who make a list of what I'm going to get before heading off on the errands.  Guess you could say I inherited the trait from mom...I am still finding a list here or a note there as I slowly go through the packed boxes from her condo among other things.  Just yesterday I came across a recipe for venison sausage in mom's hand writing and lo and behold there was an attached note in dad's hand writing with his tweeks to the recipe.  Mind you dad has been gone now almost 10 years so I was a bit tickled to find something in his hand writing. 

Dad wasn't exactly the letter writing kind of guy and also hated talking on the phone (probably because of his hearing difficulties).  So whenever I was hankering for a note from him when I was living in one of the numerous states I have throughout the years I'd just send him a self addressed, stamped envelope and a couple of pieces of paper...I always got a note back from him then...might not have said much but it was still a note and always said 'love, dad.'  Wish I'd saved those but when one is younger you just don't think about those things.

Anyways I got sidetracked here but that doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary...actually happens alot and more often as one gets older...guess it must mean I'm getting 'fuller of it' a bit more each day?!  LOL  Probably...mom told me the day I got my B.S. degree that finally I had a piece of paper to prove I was really "full of it!"  She was quite proud of her humor that day!!

So...back to the errands...there's a certain retail store here that has a 'spinner' of sorts where they can put tons of plastic bags on and, as they fill a bag, they can spin it to the next one.  Fairly efficient and handy but so damned easy to miss a bag and of course this is what I did this morning.  Now if it had been just an item or two and only cost a few $$ I doubt if I would have called them or taken the time to drive all the way back to the store but it just so happened to be the most expensive purchases of the day in that one bag.  Guess that will teach me to not make small talk with the clerk or b.s. as mom would have said.  Even so I hated having to drive back there but they were actually very good about it and the gal who waited on me in customer service tried (in her own way) to make me feel better saying "I do it all the time."  It was a nice try but somehow not very convincing coming from someone who was young enough to be my daughter. 

Anyways...with my expensive but light plastic bag in hand and my gallon of milk off to the post office I went on the other errand I forgot to do which was mail the birthday card that I left in that first bag which I forgot and had to go back and get...I must be losing something upstairs...I can understand missing a plastic bag but a gallon of milk?!  Really?!?!

I think I'll just have to make another note on my note to remember all the bags and the milk before leaving the store...wonder if that'll work?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment