Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pre Travel Jitters?

Gotta love major newspapers and their tabloidesque headlines...they can be so comforting...NOT!!  There's nothing quite like pulling up the website to The Herald (a Melbourne, Aus newspaper) and this is the first headline one sees...

Masks drop as jet plunges...passengers suck oxygen as Qantas Melbourne flight loses cabin pressure.

Ok...what is up with that?  It seems since I made the decision and followed through with booking my flight to AUS every few days there is some type of sensational headline in one of the Australian newspapers (or all of them) regarding yet another incident involving a Qantas flight.

Maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid and starting to get 'pre travel jitters' as I've not ever done any international travel but you sit up a little straighter when you  see a headline before Christmas within days of booking your flight about an oxygen tank blowing a hole in the side of a jet in mid flight...and it just happens to be the airline you're going to be flying at 30,000-40,000 feet or however high they go over the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the night.

Last week I was a bit more encouraged when I saw a flight was grounded before take off for an engine 'blowing up.'  Granted it did not actually blow up...the engine just wouldn't work but that's how it was explained in print...at least the pilots figured this one out before take off.

Ok...ok...enough of the bad mouthing of an airline I've not yet had the pleasure of traveling on and not really how I want to come across.  I guess I just wanted to voice 'out loud' that maybe, just maybe I'm starting to get a few "pre travel jitters" which is probably pretty common place.  It's getting to seem like the 'full moon phenomenom' where one happens to notice more weird things happening when the moon is full. 

Anyways...time to get back to booking another tour for Tasmania.  Wonder what airline we're flying on over to Tasmania????

No comments:

Post a Comment