Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowman Humor


Being a creature of habit (isn't everyone?) I have a few Internet newspapers I run through every morning just to get a flavoring of what's happening in different parts of the world.  Of course I have to check on what's happening in the Red River Valley so on most days I check out the Fargo Forum online.

The Red River Valley is an area that has seen multiple springtime floods back to back and sadly Mother Nature has not forgotten them nor a large part of this country with more snow and storms that haven't been seen in decades.  Predictions are again pointing towards yet another flood which may be of devastating proportions.  But those who live in the Valley or grew up there like me flooding in the springtime isn't an unusual event and coming together to fight Mother Nature really is just a given.

I had to chuckle this morning as I viewed this picture of two snowmen peeking out from a snowdrift in Horace, ND taken by David Samson/The Forum.  I found this picture hilarious...of course I am also a huge fan of Calvin & Hobbs and this is very reminiscent of that humor...warped as it may be at times!! 

I don't know about you but I find the human spirit amazing especially when facing trying times and I find myself appreciating the 'tongue in cheek' humor even more as I grow older.  And really...who can't appreciate this snowman humor?!

Wherever you are reading this blog I hope you have the spirit within you to thumb your nose at life's adversities and celebrate the human spirit.


hobbes
From the Calvin & Hobbs Comic Strips By Bill Watterson


No comments:

Post a Comment