Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

G'Day!!

Only ten days now before I step onto Aussie soil!!  I am having a hard time suppressing my excitement both inside and out.  Rest assured though I am not walking around saying 'G-day'...maybe tomorrow but not today though I could try it with my CPA as I drag myself to his office with exuberant anticipation - NOT - of what my bill to 'Uncle Sam' might be.  I have yet to meet anyone who relishes paying any amount of income tax.  Besides...there might be a hidden penalty somewhere in one of those forms for pretending to be Aussie?!

The excitement for the upcoming trip actually went up a notch late yesterday afternoon when 'Brown' (the UPS guy) showed up at the door with my new oversized suitcase.  Shhhh...don't tell my neice Mary Ellan...it really is a one size fits all and she wouldn't have to go to unusual contortions to fit inside it! 

But with the appearance of the suitcase we now have three dogs that are showing signs of neurosis.  It always happens when I take a suitcase of any size out even if I'm just moving it to another room.  Gertie becomes the 'velcro dog' and starts watching every move I make and becomes more possessive and snarls at any of the critters that cross her imaginary line for being too close to me when we're snuggling in the recliner. 

Ok...I'll be honest...she just gets plain crabby and I'm afraid it's going to be a long 5+ weeks for the dogs.  Oh well...not changing plans for them but will try to be a bit more compassionate and refrain from outbursts of 'Advance Australia Fair,' the Australian national anthem. 

Speaking of that I had probably best get about my day here...too much to do...too much to do and so little time!!  YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment