Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Duck & Cover

I survived my CPA yesterday but didn't come out completely unscathed but that's ok.  Mom always said if you had to pay income tax you were doing ok and that probably comes from many years of her and dad struggling to keep their heads above water on the farm.  Even though we lacked a lot of amenities like a bonified bathroom until I was a freshman in high school we most always had our basics met.

We had this galvanized tub that we would fill with a bucket for bathing and one quickly learned to always have their back to the door as we would bath in the 'shanty' (entrance room) as we called it next to the oil stove and you never knew who might stop by to visit.  If you had your back to the door you could quickly 'duck and cover' and maintain a bit of modesty.  Awe...the good old days!!

Back in those 'good old days' I was young, naive and a dreamer like most kids growing up in the 70s.  Many of those dreams were never realized but in nine days my biggest dream is going to become reality...have I told any of you I'm going to Australia??!!  I know...I know...this is getting to be like beating a dead horse but I am soooo excited!! 

Tomorrow we'll start sharing a bit of the itinerary of what the first week will be like in Oz.  Until then...just thought I'd leave you with a picture I took last summer...kinda makes you think spring is coming? 

Have a great day everybody...wherever you might be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment