Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Final Two Weeks

It's a heatwave here in the twin cities and in a couple days we should actually be above 32F (0c) and I imagine the shorts will be pulled out and dusted off and all sorts of people will be going coatless.  It never seems to amaze me how quickly we ditch the winter clothes when the thermometer reaches above freezing. 

As cold as we have been the past week I am so hoping that Melbourne isn't in the grips of one of their heatwaves when I land next Saturday.  Otherwise, I am afraid that I might just melt on the tarmac especially if it might have high humidity to boot.  But enough speculation about what the weather might be... I've waited far too long for this dream trip to bother worrying about that.  As long as the cyclones and flooding stay away we'll just adapt as we go.

After Sydney the first week and Tasmania the second week my third week in Aus, (note to Tour Guide: I spelled Aus right this time!!) and actually the last two weeks of the trip, will be spent traveling around the great state of Victoria.  I am so excited for the drive down along the Great Ocean Highway and going up into the mountains and exploring all the fabulous places I've only been able to dream about until now.  Some of the places on the itinerary will be Airleys Inlet, Angelsea, Lorne, Apollo Bay, Sovereign Hill, Ballaret, Bright Portsea, Sorrento, Cape Shank, Healesville, the Yarra Valley and a night out to the Queen's Theatre to see the musical Mary Poppins. 

Whew!!!  If this trip doesn't leave me with months and months of blogging material I'd be shocked...and very disappointed though I doubt that will even be part of the equation.

So now...you all have a bit of an idea of what all I'll be seeing and doing on my month long trip to Aus!!  Hope you all come along for the ride...I'll try to blog while I'm there but I'm being honest here...if I have to choose between watching a beautiful sunset over the Tasman Sea or blog I'm going to be out watching that sunset. 

Until next time, wherever you are...have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment