Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Go Pack!!

You probably think I'm going to bore you with a blog today about packing for my upcoming trip to Australia...nope...not today...maybe later but not today.

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday here in the U.S. and all the football aficionados were glued to their televisions in wild anticipation of the big game.  I have to admit I, too, had to watch the game but I didn't do any ginormous preparations for it...just made tacos and brownies and settled in maybe a half hour before kickoff.

I am not going to bore anyone here with play by play of the game but kudos to the Green Bay Packers for bringing the Lombardi trophy back home after a 31-25 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.  The Pack won the first two Super Bowls under the tutelage of Coach Vince Lombardi and subsequently in the latter 1960s the World Championship Game trophy was renamed the Vince Lombardi Trophy...hence the reasoning behind everyone saying the trophy is now back home.

Gotta admit I was pulling for the Packers.  They are a working man's team...no ifs and or buts about it.  Oh sure...they do have their share of players with multi million dollar contracts but in a multi million dollar business the Green Bay Packers are a team not owned by a rich owner but by the people...they are the only non-profit, community owned major league sports team in the U.S. so there really wasn't any question that I would 'back the Pack.' 

That might be why I may be persuaded to become a backer of the North Melbourne Kangaroos, one of the teams in the AFL (Australian Football League) as they have seem to appear much like the Pack being a people's team.  But we'll see about then when I get over to Oz though I seriously doubt I will even get to see a preseason game.

But for now...congrats to the Greenbay Packers and all those 'cheeseheads' out there who are celebrating their win and probably will continue to celebrate for quite some time.

3 comments:

  1. I would rather have heard about your upcoming trip to Australia! :-)

    STOLEN GOODS

    A damsel who loved shades of yellow
    One Monday let out a loud bellow:
    “My gold is long gone,
    My amber and fawn—
    Just wait till I find that vile fellow!”


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Splash of Tequila Yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! I am following your blog, visit and follow mine 2! tnx. nice blog anyway.
    http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go the ROOOS!!!!! nice mention of the best team in the AFL!

    ReplyDelete